- We’ve had great Fall weather these past couple of days and I’ve been spending them outdoors as if it’s the last time we’ll see the sun for a very long time. Living in the Pacific Northwest this is a very real possibility.
- Dinner with the in-laws means I don’t have to make dinner. Granted the entrée choices don’t follow the stricter diet we’ve been following lately but family time is important being militant on our diet isn’t worth stressing out our hostess. We just hogged the salad.
- Big leg hugs from little people. Usually in the afternoon after she’s been playing for a while and I’m fixing dinner. It’s like she’s checking in with me to let me know I’m still loved even though she has important playing time going on.
- Finding a Halloween event to go to that’s enjoyable for all, not scary and doesn’t give out candy. She got enough while at preschool that day so I didn’t feel like she was going to be deprived of tradition.
- All of the Christmas feeds I’m following on Instagram, I’ve lost count.
Posted in Lovin' | Tagged Christmas, diet, Fall, family, Health, Holidays, Instagram, love, Pacific Northwest, Parenting, weather | Leave a Comment »
- Feeling like you’ve gotten so much out of your day. I’m exhausted but feeling accomplished.
- Sunny cool days. Starting to unpack the beanies and looking for matching mittens to go on tiny hands.
- Community events, especially when they’re free!
- Apple Cider season – so yummy!
- The way the word, “Mama” sounds coming out of the mouth of a 17 month old – even at 0500.
- This totally awesome leather recliner and ottoman I’m sitting in right now that I got at a thrift store for $25 – it just happened to be 50% off day!
- The micro-fleece bedsheets I’m about to crawl in to and enjoy for about three seconds before falling asleep.
Posted in Lovin' | Tagged autumn, Fall, family, love, Parenting, sleep, weather | 1 Comment »
- Sunny fall days that are surprisingly warm too (that’s just bonus).
- New friends.
- New friends with new baby girls that I can give hand me down clothes to – I’ve already got an overflowing bag ready to go!
- The ability to lift heavy things.
- Finding the time to finally clean out the car or rather, making the time to clean out the car. It’s like organizing one cabinet. Since it’s a small area the work you do is super noticeable. Love it!
- The last of the summer squash from the garden.
- Trying new recipes on this paleo diet we’ve adopted. After almost a month there’s only been one real standout which isn’t good statistically but then again I’ve really made an effort to follow the recipe to a T which is so unlike me…
- Listening to Jon laughing over something he’s watching on Netflix (he wears earphones since the girls are sleeping upstairs and he likes to feel what he watches, as I put it. It’s nice to hear him laugh.
- Discovering great new locally made products!
- Deciding to go to bed early rather than do the dishes because this cold seems determined to get the upperhand! Here’s hoping the dishwashing fairies are able to find their way to my house tonight…
Posted in Lovin', Uncategorized | Tagged artisan, blog, cold, Cooking, Fall, fitness, friend, friends, Fruits and Vegetables, garden, Health, Home, local artisan, locally made products, Netflix, paleo, paleo diet, Recipe Collections, sick, Summer squash, weather | Leave a Comment »
…waking up feeling like complete and utter crap I had this feeling. Continue Reading »
Posted in Products | Tagged Allergy, Asthma, Asthma Treatments, clothes, Crossfit, Facebook, farmers market, fashion, Health, Instagram, Pichahling, shirt skirts, sick, style, weekend | 2 Comments »
- This crazy weather. Now that I don’t have to set up a canopy in the middle of a field and try to sell stuff. Did you see my pick of the tie down over the weekend on Instagram? Thank goodness for seasoned market vendors as neighbors!
- How fantastic I’m feeling on this new paleo diet adventure we’re on. Thank goodness we were well on our way to becoming unprocessed as I think the transition would have been much more challenging. That being said we totally caved and had a cheat meal today. Baby steps…
- Microfleece sheets. Have I mentioned these before? It’s like going to be surrounded by all your favorite stuffed animals. Or maybe I was the only one that did that as a kid…
- Indoor hobbies. My husband is realizing that he needs one with this crazy weather we’ve been having lately.
- Yoga – it just makes movement and any type of exercise easier.
- Buying local. I’m really into it right now so this is not the last time you’re going to hear me singing it’s praises. Like yoga, I can’t think of a bad thing about making it a regular part of your life. I’ll be sharing my local buying experience and I hope you will too! Especially with the holidays coming!
Have a great week!
Posted in Lovin' | Tagged artisan, Arts, crafter, Food, hobby, Instagram, local business, local economy, love, paleo, paleo diet, Quilting, Shopping, weather, yoga | Leave a Comment »