Life has thrown us a few lemons recently. And I’m not talking the friendly underhanded kind of throw. I’m talking about the final seconds in the world Dodgeball Championships kind of throwing.
And I’m not very good at Dodgeball.
Like every other family on the face of the earth – we’re busy. We multi-task to the best of our abilities but darned if sometimes we take two steps back after that one step forward. We’ve just had to dig a little deeper to find that silver lining, that funny side.
Thankfully, my family can do funny. Or at least silly which can be just as good.
So what I’m lovin’ right now:
- Baby giggles and those first two teeth cutting through.
- My three year old whispering in my ear “I want to dance all day.”
- Sunny Fall days.
- Egg Nog before even Halloween!
- Great neighbors. I talk to mine, I hope you do too. There was a time when I couldn’t point my neighbor out in a line up but I now know there are all sorts of reasons to get to know your neighbors.
- Being introduced to the very addicting Japadog.
- Towns that really try to build a sense of community by organizing and creating a variety of activities.
- I admit to being a total sucker for the Christmas holidays and am already loving that stores are putting up and out their holiday decorations although this hasn’t influenced my stress-inducing last minute Christmas preparation despite vowing every year to change my ways.