- The idea of combining this blog with this one.
- That egg nog is in the grocery stores now.
- House sitting on our neighbor’s homestead.
- Feeding the chickens and collecting an egg or two a day at said homestead.
- Living vicariously in a gorgeous house with an awesome kitchen!
- Even more the simplicity of the house we’re building after spending a few nights in a house that is more than our little family needs. McMansion home owners we are not.
- The look on my older daughter’s face as she eats her first Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. We don’t do candy in our house (simply because we’re not candy eating people – oh, and it’s not very good for you) and this is the first year we will take her trick or treating. We figure once a year is okay.
- The changing color of the leaves on my blueberry bushes – such beautiful fall colors.
- A husband who doesn’t make a big deal of the fact that I have destroyed yet another phone. This one got washed in the washing machine which I consider a step up from the last one which fell into the toilet!
- A fireplace with a window on the door. So totally mesmerizing and relaxing to sit in front of at the end of the day. Today’s fireplaces are different from those I grew up with – they burn incredibly efficiently it’s amazing and impressive.
- A once again, healthy family. Now fully recovered from a really really bad cold!
October 23, 2012 by Sherry